Assistant General Manager, Merchandise
Assistant General Manager, Merchandising
What This Position is All About
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager of Merchandising (AGMM) is responsible for increasing sales by focusing on driving the selling process through developing and managing effective selling teams, creating a service and selling culture that delivers results and ensuring the alignment of the merchandise to local needs and opportunities. The Assistant General Manager of Merchandising is responsible for developing a high performance selling organization; ensuring that all selling associates have clear selling strategies as well as broad product knowledge, and effectively coaching selling managers and associates to achieve selling goals, while ensuring that the customer service experience as delivered by the store team consistently exceeds customer expectations The Assistant General Manager of Merchandising understands that the success of the organization is tied to the quality and performance of the team, and is responsible for developing, motivating and retaining talent in order to drive sales results and maximize store volume. The AGMM role is a final step along the career path to becoming an SFA store Vice-President/General Manager and may include multiple store assignments, therefore complete mobility within the United States is required.
Who You Are:
- Clearly shares the work to be done and the expected outcome. Easily creates working relationships to enhance self and team.
- Seeks and expands on original ideas, enhances others’ ideas and contributes their own ideas. Place the team’s success above their own.
- Establishes positive interpersonal relationships.
- Champions innovation and creativity by encouraging, recognizing, and rewarding those who take initiative, develop new ideas, or improve work methods.
You Also Have:
- 5+ years of management experience with luxury retailers or comparable experience.
- Willingness and ability to relocate anywhere within the United States
- Knowledge of technology, including MS Office, G Suite and clienteling tools.
- Willing and able to relocate anywhere in North America, as required
- College degree preferred.
- Flexible in scheduling as the business needs including evenings, weekends and holiday schedules.
As The Assistant General Manager, Merchandise, You Will:
I. BUSINESS OWNERSHIP
- Drive the Saks Fifth Avenue clienteling culture through coaching and mentoring of the Client Development team.
- Directly oversees all Selling Managers except within the Fifth Avenue Club.
- Be responsible for developing top talent Selling Managers to promotability.
- In partnership with the VP/GM and RSM, act as the Chief Merchant for the store to ensure the alignment of merchandise to local needs and opportunities.
- Execute the VP/GM's strategic vision.
- Drive towards the achievement of maximum sales and growth in line with company vision and values in partnership with other functional leads for all sales departments.
- Analyze and develop understanding of internal / external customer behavior, trends, and preferences, adjusting processes and standards accordingly (e.g. focus programs).
- Facilitate cross-functional communication across store departments to optimize collaborative efforts.
- Fulfill store senior leadership responsibilities, including attending daily, weekly, and monthly meetings
- Actively participate in, and in the absence of the VP / GM, facilitate Store Senior Leadership team meetings.
- Partner with Merchant and Planning Organization Leaders and Regional team to determine appropriate strategies and action plans for the store to yield positive results.
- Serve as coach to the Management team to enhance the effectiveness of their leadership style and increase the engagement of their teams.
- Collaborate with the Centralized Recruiting team, as appropriate, ensure jobs are filled in order to drive business.
- Oversee people, product and placement, and sales promotion
- Oversee Client Development team performance and objectives through management of SGMs
- Recognizes outstanding Associate performance, addresses opportunities for improvement, and quickly resolves issues
- Tailor leadership style to appropriately set expectations and coach for growth for different levels of direct reports
- Set goals for Associates in alignment with department objectives and supports in Associates in achieving them
- Develop, motivate, and train the management team in all aspects of the store.
- Provide consistent and frequent communication so all team members are aware of the store vision, goals, and expectations.
III. CLIENT EXPERIENCE
- Champion SFA culture and values, and manages team to create a friendly, upbeat atmosphere where customer service is consistent with SFA standards..
- Partner with Client Development, Brand Ambassador, Merchants, Vendors and Regional teams to fulfill strategic efforts.
- Oversee the floor to monitor and ensure coverage and presence.
- Build a Customer Service-driven team, overseeing Customer Service efforts and escalations.
- Partner with functional leads for execution of in-store selling events
- Seek to help others by identifying and meeting the needs of the team, customers, partners, and communities
Your Life and Career at SFA:
- Be a part of a team of disruptors focused on stores and redefining the luxury experience.
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with Saks Fifth Avenue. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks Fifth Avenue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks Fifth Avenue complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks Fifth Avenue welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.