Assistant General Manager, Merchandise (Saks Fifth Avenue)
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager of Merchandising is responsible for increasing sales by focusing on driving the selling process through developing and managing effective selling teams, creating a service and selling culture that delivers results and ensuring the alignment of the merchandise to local needs and opportunities. The Assistant General Manager of Merchandising is responsible for developing a high performance selling organization; ensuring that all selling associates have clear selling strategies as well as broad product knowledge, and effectively coaching selling managers and associates to achieve selling goals, while ensuring that the customer service experience as delivered by the store team consistently exceeds customer expectations The Assistant General Manager of Merchandising understands that the success of the organization is tied to the quality and performance of the team, and is responsible for developing, motivating and retaining talent in order to drive sales results and maximize store volume.
- Clearly shares the work to be done and the expected outcome. Easily creates working relationships to enhance self and team
- Seeks and expands on original ideas, enhances others’ ideas and contributes own ideas. Places the team’s success above their own.
- Establishes positive interpersonal relationships
- Champions innovation and creativity by encouraging, recognizing, and rewarding those who take initiative, develop new ideas, or improve work methods
- 4 year degree preferred.
- 5+ years of management experience with luxury retailer or comparable experience.
- Complete mobility required.
As The Assistant General Manager, Merchandise, You Will:
- Drives the Saks clientelling culture through coaching and mentoring Selling Manager team.
- Directly oversees all Selling Managers except FAC.
- Responsible for developing top talent Selling Managers to promotability.
- In partnership with the VP/GM and RSM, acts as the Chief Merchant for the store to ensure the alignment of merchandise to local needs and opportunities.
- Executes the VP/GM's strategic vision
Your Life and Career at SFA:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks Fifth Avenue. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks Fifth Avenue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks Fifth Avenue complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks Fifth Avenue welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.