Manager, Merchandise Operations
What This Position is All About
Under the direction of the General Manager, or a member of the store's leadership team, the Operations Manager is responsible for driving store sales and profitability by managing controllable expenses and gross margin components. The Operations Manager ensures the efficient facilitation of the selling process by overseeing all back of the house and front of the house operational functions, in accordance with established Saks Fifth Avenue productivity and processing standards.
The successful candidate will demonstrate fiscal responsibility in maintaining expense controls while ensuring that the selling organization has the resources and materials to support the selling process and maximize the customer shopping experience.
Who You Are:
- Enjoy working in group and team settings and like to motivate others
- Likes to inspire others through celebrating wins, and building a positive team environment
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
- Able to see things clearly and think strategically. Look to the future with perspective and vision
You Also Have:
- 4 year degree preferred
- Expense management experience, knowledge of basic accounting principles, shortage control, and organizational skills are required
- Must demonstrate computer proficiency (Excel, Web based applications, Word) and the ability to use available technology (RF guns, package tracking etc)
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in fast paced environment in positions of increasing responsibility in visual, logistical or merchandising capacity
As The Operations Manager, You Will:
- Selling & Service Leadership
- Oversees support functions within the location and provides leadership in support of the selling organization, ensuring that critical support functions are focused on activities that enable the selling process.
- Models customer service expectations and ensures that associates have the resources and materials to provide exceptional customer service
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Manages expenses, control and accounting functions, bill paying, invoices etc.
- Ensures that merchandise is received and processed in accordance with continuous flow principles and that new receipts are on the floor on the day of receipt prior to store opening.
- Supervises the Merchandising of the selling floor to Corporate Visual presentation standards and trains and coaches Sales Support team members on selling floor visual standards and adherence to corporate visual guidelines
- Oversees efficient processing of outbound merchandise, RTVs and transfers, and that back of house areas are organized and maintained to support the selling floor activities.
- Staffing & Productivity
- Ensures appropriate associate coverage for selling floor and support areas through oversight of the CBS scheduling system.
- Schedules executive coverage to effectively support the selling process
- Facilities Management
- Coordinates necessary activities to maintain engineering operations, troubleshoot facility issues as needed and monitor housekeeping standards.
- Protects company assets by adhering to sensor and cable standards, salvage processing and shortage reporting.
Thank you for your interest with Saks Fifth Avenue. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks Fifth Avenue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks Fifth Avenue complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks Fifth Avenue welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used