What This Position is All About
Under the direction of the Regional Facilities Manager/Director, the Facilities Manager serves as a hands on expert for the effective coordination of all contracted and in-house resources to ensure the sustained operational readiness and physical integrity of stores while working within allotted budgets. The Facilities Manager supervises the Facilities Coordinator within their location. You must be able to resolve vendor quality assurance and service level agreement issues; complete due diligence and inspections to reduce overall energy consumption by assigned stores and ensure company guidelines.
Who You Are:
- You get things done by engaging in high-level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal and hands on repair skills
- You are a natural problem-solver who is intuitively analytical and creative and attacks root causes
- Possess a mix of creative and strategic abilities
- You have the ability to build relationships and partner with nationally contracted vendors and one off vendors to meet budgetary requirements
- You possess a positive, solution-oriented, and customer-focused mindset
- You have a strong attention to detail and ability to remain extremely organized.
- You prioritize workload from a business perspective
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with the flexibility to adapt to change
- Has an eye for detail, often goes above and beyond your goals to meet and exceed deadlines.
- Collaborative - should be able to work with peers across multiple business verticals
- You are a natural leader who steps in to resolve, provide damage control, and a plan for restoration in times of a crisis
- Passionate about promoting sustainability in both the location’s energy footprints as well as cost effectiveness
You Also Have:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent technical training
- Certification in Facilities Maintenance or Project Management
- Background in retail store presentation and standards
- Certification in Electrical, HVAC, Vertical Trans, or Fire Suppression a plus
- Tech savvy and up to date with commonly used software applications
- Ability to estimate job costs
- Experience in methods used in building repairs (wiring, plumbing, carpentry, sprinkler systems, etc.)
- The ability to use a variety of hand tools and equipment;
- Available to work a flexible schedule that includes off-hours, nights, weekends and holidays, and one that can consist of work outside (if necessary) in inclement weather.
- Methods used in maintenance and building repairs to code; including basic knowledge of uniform code books, wiring, plumbing, carpentry, sprinkler systems, etc.
As The Facilities Manager, You Will:
- Manage the external relationships with vendors daily and have hands-on responsibilities to ensure the cost effective, technically correct, and timely delivery of repairs/maintenance to assigned stores.
- Areas include, but not limited to: Fire suppression, HVAC, roofing, electrical, plumbing, crisis cleanup, tile, carpet, paint, alterations equipment/boiler, and vertical transportation.
- This will include evaluation, technical assessment, prioritization, and approval (< $5K) for capital and expense repairs to assigned locations.
- Advocate on stores' behalf and expedite issue resolution while maintaining excellent rapport with vendors.
- Do the majority of the building repairs, hands on, only utilizing vendors when you have to.
- Manage Service Channel and work order platform for assigned store; review pending, open, scheduling work with the store management team for facilities related repairs/projects, and manage contracted vendors: HVAC, Vertical and Fire Protection
- Have the ability to oversee and coordinate work orders and reports
- For ongoing projects, measure distance and calculate quantities; read and interpret specifications and blueprints
- Be able to perform a variety of physical labor including: climbing ladders, bending, kneeling, reaching, standing for long periods of time, and lifting/carrying boxes
- Operating by coordinating several projects simultaneously; forecast project problems and make adjustments as needed
- Have the ability to be flexible and support other locations across the SFA fleet as needed
Thank you for your interest with Saks Fifth Avenue. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks Fifth Avenue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks Fifth Avenue complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks Fifth Avenue welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.